I'm downloading my pictures from the CTM this first week so I am typing this from my google account. I got permission from the AP--who by the way--is my friend from Vermont. I did not even know he was hear; my branch president from Vermont had emailed me and said that Kevin Berkholder was hear but I thought it had to be a different mission. When I was was coming out of the airport last week I saw Sister Soza and then Kevin,... and I was like aaaaaah!!! I think what I said was, "shut the front door!!!!!"
I am in a city called Camaçari, it is fun we live on the poor side of town but that means we get more baptisms because the people are humble.
I love the beans and rice, I hated them in the CTM and rarely ate them but here they are good. I knew Brazilians had to have better taste buds then the type of taste bud that liked the food in the CTM.
My comp. is great, she is from Santa Catherine--in the southern part of Brazil. She is wonderful; with her, I will be loved into Portuguese. The language is going better than expected and I know that it's because the Lord has blessed me a tone!
So I may, or may not have a small skin disease I like to call leprosy! But it is fine, I will just go find a river and wash seven times or something.
So it's really, really hot here and we are required to take a shower every morning and evening, I am not mad about this at all, and would not be too mad if we got to take one in the middle of the day too. I am the only American Sister right now but I am sure that we'll get one in the next few transfers or something.
Last week we got to see the WW leadership broadcast and it was way good, it was in Portuguese so I had a lot of time to think about the subject at hand since I understood... mais o menos. It was fine, it was about raising up a faithful generation. So, like the responsibility of continues conversation that Chrisy and I have: like how are we're going to raise children in this world. And how everything that I was raised with, I am also going to try to use with all of my investigators. Elder Holland calls investigators babes in the gospel and so we must raise them up like children.
Ok my time is up. I love you all a lot and I am going to sent some pictures if can figure out how to upload them on to pacaso with half of the instructions in Portuguese.. and well... it is sort of frustrating. I love you all more that all the world and if i did not send you an email back i am sorry i am working on am letter, I am sure.
Love you all have a wonderful day.
Love Sister Kate Felt
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
"Mais brilhante do que o sol"
Posted by Kate Felt, MA. MFT at 6:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment