Wednesday, January 16, 2008

brush your hair, brush your teeth, put on makeup

This week has really been so great, we are in the third trimester of the CTM, whomb!!!!

So, last Wednesday we went to the national police so that we could all be finger printed and get our visas extend so that I don't have to go home six months early. We had fun, it was fun to get the group of missionaries we came with back together again.

We got matching ties for our district and I thought it was cool, Sister Thompson and I just put ours in our hair to look like a head band. But one of the teachers got mad, well not mad, but we sort of got in trouble. Don't worry, they havn't told me to pack my bags just yet. The Elders have also started making-up, and doing stupid magic tricks; this is a sign that we've been in the CTM way too long.

Last week as a district, we decided to start praying for each other. We started praying that we would have an open atmosphere so we could talk about the things with which we are having problems. I am not going to lie, I think it's worked so well for us to do this because I feel like as a district, we are at the point where most districts are all getting sick of each other. It's been five weeks but instead of getting mad or frustrated with each other, I think we've grown in love for each other. It's amazing!

This Sunday we watched the Joseph Smith movie it was amazing. I love that! And I love JS and the amazing things he did for us with Heavenly Father. It was amazing!

Yesterday I got a letter from my mission president. This was epic for me. I have sort of been feeling bad that everyone had gotten a letter from there MP and I hadn't even heard from him. So when I got it I was way happy and so I opened it right away. And it's all in Portuguese!!! Gurrr, so I have to try really, really, hard to read it and even get some help. This is what is basicaly said:

Sister Felt,
We are so excited for you to come to our mission you will be coming on the 5 of Feb 2008. We will bring our camera to take pictures of you at the mission home. We will have a nice meal and dessert when you get here.

• brush your hair
• brush your teeth
• put on makeup

It's important to look nice.

Love, President and Sister Soza


OK, first I think it's funny because it's practically saying you are not going to get any good food hear so I'll feed you, your last good meal--ten to one says it's beans and rice. I will tell you once I have this meal. The other thing is that it was so short and they told me in bullet points to brush my teeth, and hair, and take care of myself. I don't know if you all think it's funny. but I think it's WAY funny!

Anyway this Friday we are proselytizing, so pray for me and my companheira.

Well have a great week, Thanks for your love,
I would love to hear from you all,
Love you,
Tchou!
Sister Katherine Felt

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

You have been in my thoughts and prayers. It sounds like you are having a good time and working hard. Keep up the good work!
I have two friends here that both went on their missions to Brazil. And from what I hear yes, there are alot of rice and beans! But they loved it!
We love you!