Hello Famila,
Life is way good; last week was fun and fast. We got new roommates I really loved our last ones but the new ones are better for us. I think because one of the Sisters--I am not even going to try to spell her name--talks to us and makes us talk to her in Portuguese, she is so funny. Last night she was lamenting that she was missionary because she saw the most beautul American missionary that day, she said that he looked like one of the back steet boys. She really craks me up.
There is another Sister that came that is not my roommate but she is a Brazilian coming to Salvador with me the same day that I am going. That was not all that unexpected, I knew if a Sister was going to come with me, she had to enter the MTC last week. Also, Chrisy there are some Sister's that are going to Cabo Verde, which is cool that they just come to the Brazilian CTM because they don't need to learn a language.
We got a new president of the CTM President Woodwar, he is really cool. It will be weird not having President Carden or Sister Cardon around anymore; they are amazing people. They left toddy.
The reality of me leaving the CTM hit me this week, so I am sort of freeking out about that. I get to be a real missionary now, I'm playing for keeps now and I want to keep them all :)
Last Friday proselytizing was amazing, we had a goal to bankrupt the teacher's supply of pass along cards and BOM's. We did it with an hour to spare so then we just started to get referrals.
We were going up to people, teaching them a little bit, and getting there address. That was way scary and amazing all at the same time. My amazement of the Brazilian people still continues to grow, they are all so loving and amazing. There were times when we would be teaching one person and another person would be walking past and stop and listen to us and take a card and just look so interested--it was unbelievable! Then there were other times that people would listen to our message and be like, I am Catholic, my whole family is Catholic, but thank you so much for your message. It is unbelievable, they are so just kind.
So last night my companion and I were minding our own business doing work for Missionary Directed Study Time (MDST) and a teacher came in and asked us to teach the first lesson to her class in Portuguese. She was like, "They have only been here a week and they are sort of nervous. You will do great--just show them that they can do it." and so I was like OK, they wont know when we mess up because they have only been here one week right?.... Well, we get to the room and it's a class of Brazilians, what the heck! But really, it was so good for me to do this, and they were wonderful to help me with the language.
My favorite Brazilian Sister left today she was a small little ball of joy. She has only been a member for one year and she is on a mission and she is going to be so, so, good. I just wanted to tell some one that story it's good huh? I should tell it at parties. -- brincadara (joking)
Um, I know there was something else that I was also going to write... oh well. I do want to tell you all that Gale and my friend Christie (I know that is not you spell her name) sent me a letter through "missionary ties" and I don't know how or what they did but it felt like it got here really fast, so that might be a good idea for getting things to me in a timely manner. Anyway I need to go, have a great week to all!
I love you all, muito, muito, muitissemo
I learned that slag this week does that work in Portugal portuguese?
Any, anyway love you tons,
Sister Kate Felt
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Muitissemo
Posted by Kate Felt, MA. MFT at 11:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
hey kate. tell pres and sister woodward that elder chidester says hi. He was my mission president.
Post a Comment