Tuesday, April 01, 2008

April Fools

Dear Family.

This week has beed great, we found a golden contact. Ok, well,... she found us. She's one of the many, many, people that was taught when she was a teen and her mom said,. "no, you can't be baptized." On Thursday night at the church, she found us and was like, "What do I need to do to be baptized." She is amazing, she has been well prepared and is very smart, she came walking with us and she asked people to be baptized and everything. She is going to be great to the ward and to the kingdom of God. She's not all that we found last week but I don't have time to tell you about everyone.

My birthday was great, I made the brownies Chrisy sent me for Valentine's; I had saved them for my birthday. Then this morning I made German pancakes for me and my companion.

I have started to read the Bible--It's funny. I like it a lot, I really like Abraham he was like a supper hero. I ended today with Lot's wife turning in to salt--man talk about a lesson of perfect obedience! I need to do better!

My companion keeps reading about Paul, I was studding a bit with her. Paul kills me with all the things that he writes sometimes. I want to say:
cala sua boca Paul, woman are cool! (p.s. cala sua boca is the only rude thing I know how to say in Portuguese and I learned it from a 2 year old.
I was telling him that his prayer was really good and he said, "cala sua boca" (shut your mouth) to me. So now when I say it to my companion we always laugh about it.)

Yesterday for district meeting I gave the lesson for 20 min. It was really not very good but I was glad that our zone leaders were there for this principle of commitment keeping. Last week the zone leader told me and my companion that our job is just to baptize people and that the angels will take care of them after that. The point I tried to make in my 20 min. lesson was the importance of helping our investigators to establish a habit of keeping commitment. I shared Elder Holland's talks about how important commitments are because it prepares people to keep their covenants. So, I talked about the importance of this for our investigators to preserver to the end. I know this was really passive aggressive of me. I know the ZL is the Zone Leader but he is sort of astray if he really thinks that. Anyway, life is good to say the least. I know that every thing will work out if we keep working!

I love you all very much,
Have a great week,
Love your Sister Felt

0 comments: