Tuesday, May 27, 2008

i love you

THIS WEEK WE BABTIZED LUCAS !!!!! I am so happy that Lucas finaly got baptized, this feels like a major understatement. Sister Rezend and I have been working with him for over a month and the date for his baptism had come and gone, he just keeped telling us that he wanted to have more time to be more sure. This kid has has been going to seminary and been at church in a white shirt and tie every week, well quase (almost) every week, since we started to teach him and his uncle. He even likes to come walk with us, so last Thursday was the first time he really got to know my new companion Sister Gonçalves so he had to explain to her why he was not yet baptized. Then we spent the whole day talking about faith and how you know that you have a testimony. Then we started making street contacts and I was teaching him how to make a good contact and that we need to give them a reason to be interested in the religion. So he started making contacts with us and telling people "I have not been a member of this church for a very long time, but blha blha blha... and I know that... this and this... are really great." It was so cute and there where times when I would want to go in a help with the people but sister Gonçalves would sai, "No let him." This is something that we learned from Elder Bednar, that we need to give our investigators things to do that will build their faith and that faith is alway a principal of action. I think that it was in fact that day of action that led him to the final decision that he wanted to be baptized. He is fifteen years old and he already is very excited to serve a mission and he will make such a great missionary. Lucas is my Irmãozino and I am so happy that I got to see him be baptized. Now we just need to work on his family. His Dad lives in Germany so maybe I need to get the address of his Dad and have some missionaries find him and tell him to be baptized and return to his son!!!! Anyway I am happy, to say the least.

We also helped a family this week get married and then baptized. It was great. The emergency transfer has been a blessing in may different ways. I am still sad that I don't get to be with Sister Rezende when she dies, but I do have more self confidence now because my companion knows nothing of the ária (area) or the people and so it has been like I am the sênior comp now, but not really, but it is way more equal now.

Well, I love my new companion, she is great I need to go but I love you all!
Bless you
Love your sister Felt

0 comments: